English to Welsh Kudoz Questions not an option?
Thread poster: Berni Armstrong

Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:24
English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2003

Hi there,

I just found out that in the "Answer a Kudoz question" section you can choose the combination English to Welsh or vice versa and you get a couple of questions displayed.

Why so few? Well, this might be explained by the fact that if you attempt to ask a Kudoz question in these categories - as I just did. Welsh is not offered as an option.

May I strongly suggest that we rectify this oversight immediately! My Celtic ancestors are spinning in their barrows over this one.

Diolch yn fawr,

Berni

Direct link Reply with quote

Florence B  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Welsh, like Breton, is in more languages Dec 5, 2003

Berni Armstrong wrote:

My Celtic ancestors are spinning in their barrows over this one.

I checked right away for Breton of course...But if you click on "more languages" you will find Welsh, and more languages.
However the link is not easy to find, I think.

Florence

[Edited at 2003-12-05 00:10]

Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not easy... or impossible? Dec 5, 2003

Hi Florence,

If I click on "Ask a Kudoz Question" and then enter "English" as my source... I don't see this "More Languages" option you mention in the target box. At the bottom of the list there is the "ZZZ Other Languages" option, but that does not in turn open up to a further list.

What steps did you take to find Welsh?

Anyway, doesn't this smack of discrimination? Proz are normally very good about avoiding anything that smacks of favouritism on the langauge front.

Cheers,

Berni

Florence B  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
More languages Dec 5, 2003

The option is not in the box, it's on the left - written in green.
I just checked, there is indeed English to Welsh.
But I repeat that it's not easy to find!
Florence

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English to Welsh Kudoz Questions not an option?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search