Off topic: How do I dial a 0180 number in US from Germany?
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 21:35
German to English
Jan 21, 2004

Hi Prozies,
Please help! I have to send a fax to a 0180 number in the States, the matter is fairly urgent. I have been dialling 001 in front of the number and have tried continuing both with 0180 and just 180. In both cases I immediately get an automatic German message saying there is no such number. What am I doing wrong??? What do I need to dial in front of a 0180 number in the States when calling from Germany?

mbc
Spain
Local time: 03:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Advice from Spain Jan 21, 2004

[Edited at 2004-01-21 14:52]

Michele Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:35
German to English
+ ...
1-800 number? Jan 21, 2004

Are you sure it's not a 1-800 number? I could be wrong, but I've never heard of 0180 in the US, and there doesn't appear to be an area code 180.

Can you post the next few digits of the number?

I'd try: 001 80 .... and then the rest.

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 21:35
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
What a doofball! Jan 21, 2004

Thank you Michele!!!

The company provided a US address but a German telephone number. I was so upset by the matter in general (involving credit card problems) that I didn't recognize it as being a German number. What a doofball!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I dial a 0180 number in US from Germany?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search