https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/17587-how_do_i_dial_a_0180_number_in_us_from_germany.html

Off topic: How do I dial a 0180 number in US from Germany?
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 05:48
German to English
Jan 21, 2004

Hi Prozies,
Please help! I have to send a fax to a 0180 number in the States, the matter is fairly urgent. I have been dialling 001 in front of the number and have tried continuing both with 0180 and just 180. In both cases I immediately get an automatic German message saying there is no such number. What am I doing wrong??? What do I need to dial in front of a 0180 number in the States when calling from Germany?

mbc
mbc
Spain
Local time: 11:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Advice from Spain Jan 21, 2004

[Edited at 2004-01-21 14:52]

Michele Johnson
Michele Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:48
German to English
+ ...
1-800 number? Jan 21, 2004

Are you sure it's not a 1-800 number? I could be wrong, but I've never heard of 0180 in the US, and there doesn't appear to be an area code 180.

Can you post the next few digits of the number?

I'd try: 001 80 .... and then the rest.

Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 05:48
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
What a doofball! Jan 21, 2004

Thank you Michele!!!

The company provided a US address but a German telephone number. I was so upset by the matter in general (involving credit card problems) that I didn't recognize it as being a German number. What a doofball!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I dial a 0180 number in US from Germany?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »