Thread poster: moonchild
moonchild
moonchild  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:58
German to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2004

Hello all,

First, I would like to thank y'all for all the great tips and the useful information about tools, software, etc. Thank you for sharing these goodies!

Here is a little piece of information I would like to share, just in case there are any translators out there, who are dealing with a problem similar to the one I had:

Since I switched to my little Dell, I had a serious problem entering the German Umlauts into Excel, web addresses and this forum.(Ca
... See more
Hello all,

First, I would like to thank y'all for all the great tips and the useful information about tools, software, etc. Thank you for sharing these goodies!

Here is a little piece of information I would like to share, just in case there are any translators out there, who are dealing with a problem similar to the one I had:

Since I switched to my little Dell, I had a serious problem entering the German Umlauts into Excel, web addresses and this forum.(Caught some flak for using the ae, ue, oe.)The only place it worked was in MS Word.

Although most people (including me) are by now aware that the keyboard layout needs to be changed to US International, I had the problem that I couldn't find the file kbdusx.kbd on my Win 98 CD or anywhere else.

So, if there are any friends like me, who would like to change their keyboard but can't - here is a website I found that helped me a lot:

www.wiedenhof.nl/ul/pyok-eng.html.

Incidentally, its main subject is the Pinyin Okay font for Mandarin Chinese, but by the way I was able to download the kbdusx.kbd file in a flash, and voilá: there are ä's and ö's and ü's! (Works in web addresses as well).

I am still trying to figure out how to get the "sz".

Best regards,

Moonchild
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Useful Website for kbdusx.kbd / Mandarin Chinese

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »