URL>Proz Profile
Thread poster: Textklick

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:39
German to English
+ ...
Apr 4, 2004

Hi:

Is it possible/permitted to have my domain URL point to my Proz profile?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:39
German to Croatian
+ ...
Of course. Apr 4, 2004

It's your space.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:39
English to German
+ ...
Exactly... Apr 4, 2004

...can't see why not - along the same lines, your ProZ.com profile can contain a link to your website.

Ralf

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:39
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cheers Apr 4, 2004

Thanks guys.

Pretty daft question, but I vaguely rememberm my web host once saying I needed permission from the target URL to divert to them.

I'll have another word with them guys in Noo Orlins

[Edited at 2004-04-04 13:18]

invguy  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 08:39
English to Bulgarian
Sometimes it is discouraged Apr 4, 2004

Textklick wrote:
Pretty daft question, but I vaguely rememberm my web host once saying I needed permission from the target URL to divert to them.

Some web hosts put limitations on the use of the web space they provide, especially if they include their own advertising in the sites they host.

About 2 years ago I had similar experience with Yahoo's free hosting (Geocities). They did not allow links from other sites to point directly to images on Geocities' servers, because thus they were not able to load their ad popup (mandatory with the free hosting). If you put the image into an empty HTML page, it was OK (since the popup loaded), but a link like http://geocities.yahoo.com/yoursite/yourimage.jpg would return a 404.

Maybe your web host meant something like that?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URL>Proz Profile

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search