Thread poster: veratek

veratek
Brazil
Local time: 17:37
French to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2011

Here is my situation. I use Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1.10

I have several email accounts, a ton of email folders and sub-folders and there is a lot of past emails that are just cluttering my hard disk, but which I also want to keep. So I don't want to simply delete them, I want to move them out of the default Thunderbird storage directory.

For sake of example, say in Email Account1, I have three folders, A, B, and C. I want to keep A and B in Thunderbird, but I want to mov
... See more
Here is my situation. I use Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1.10

I have several email accounts, a ton of email folders and sub-folders and there is a lot of past emails that are just cluttering my hard disk, but which I also want to keep. So I don't want to simply delete them, I want to move them out of the default Thunderbird storage directory.

For sake of example, say in Email Account1, I have three folders, A, B, and C. I want to keep A and B in Thunderbird, but I want to move the contents of C to an external hard-drive.

Is this what the archive function is for? Has anyone used it? Did it work without glitches?

TIA!
Collapse

Mark Hamlen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:37
French to English
+ ...
Try asking at Thunderbird Jun 17, 2011

You'll probably get the help you need here: http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/home

veratek
Brazil
Local time: 17:37
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks - waiting for a reply Jun 17, 2011

Mark Hamlen wrote:

You'll probably get the help you need here: http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/home

Thanks, I had posted the same question there also; so far, still waiting.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mozilla Thunderbird question - archive/backup

Advanced search

BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search