IncrediMail problems - messages sent in cyrillic
Thread poster: darjar
darjar
darjar
English
Apr 13, 2004

I am not a native English speaker but I'll try to present you a clear picture of my problem.

1. Few days ago I typed a New message in IncrediMail while the language on my PC taskbar was: English (United Kingdom) and message text font: Arial. I saved the message in Drafts folder.

2. Yesterday I opened the message from Drafts folder and due to its purpose and final recipient I decided to retype it using the language: Serbian (Cyrillic) on my PC taskbar. The text was a
... See more
I am not a native English speaker but I'll try to present you a clear picture of my problem.

1. Few days ago I typed a New message in IncrediMail while the language on my PC taskbar was: English (United Kingdom) and message text font: Arial. I saved the message in Drafts folder.

2. Yesterday I opened the message from Drafts folder and due to its purpose and final recipient I decided to retype it using the language: Serbian (Cyrillic) on my PC taskbar. The text was appearing in cyrillic as I wanted and when finished I clicked SEND and message was stored in Outbox.

3. I opened the message in Outbox to check it once more before connecting to Internet to send it. But the message was totally different in Outbox. The text was not in cyrillic but each letter of the text appeared as "?", so the whole text was something like: ??????, ???????, ?????!!! ....

4. Then I moved the message back into Drafts folder and I tried all I knew and could, however I am not quite familiar with all PC possibilities and have no technical background. So, all was hopeless and finally I sent the message to my yahoo e-mail address thinking that it MIGHT appear with correct and clear Cyrillic text, but NOTHING.

5. Now, the message is in my IncrediMail SENT items and I have to find the way to recover/restore the text of it.

I know that I obviously caused the mess by retyping it using Serbian (Cyrillic) language but I had no idea that IncrediMail cannot support that type of language, since I did the same with Microsoft Outlook and I had no problems. Please send any useful information. Logically, the text is not deleted but just somehow hidden behind those bloody "question marks" - ????
At the end, if I cannot change these questionmarks somehow back into cyrillic or any other readable text, is there any possibility to recover somehow the initial message that I wrote using English (United Kingdom), from PC memory even if it is overwritten (I mean even if I saved the new changes (cyrillic text) of the message).

Thank you,
DARA
Collapse

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 07:22
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Change your e-mail client Apr 13, 2004

There're many good e-mail clients, IMO IncrediMail isn't one of them. It's more for fun than for work.

NK
======

Dionysia
Dionysia
Greece
Incredimail Apr 19, 2004

Have you tried to do this: Open the mail in question and with your mouse right click in the message. There is an option called "encoding". Choose it and then choose the language you wish.
I hope this helps.
Dionysia Finitsi

darjar
darjar
English
TOPIC STARTER
Oh yes... Apr 19, 2004

I tried this with encoding ... but nothing happens! I cannot restore my text. No way. Only questionmarks!!!!
I know that IncrediMail is for fun and I use it at home FOR FUN, while at work I use another e-mail client. However, this time I had to send a very important message from home (using IncrediMail) and I made this mess. It looks like there is no solution to restore the text. I am browsing and browsing and browsing....NO SOLUTION!
Dara

Dionysia
Dionysia
Greece
Incredimail/ another suggestion Apr 20, 2004

Hi,

Have you tried to download any upgrades for Incredimail? Maybe this is a bug in the programme. You can go to their site and download the latest upgrade. Maybe this should fix it.
Dionysia

vslavmir
vslavmir
United States
Local time: 00:22
English to Russian
+ ...
can anyone recommend a good professional email client? Apr 20, 2004

I have tried the free ones and paid services and am having trouble with the hyperlinks.

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Re: can anyone recommend a good professional email client? Apr 20, 2004

I use MS Outlook 2003 and am very satisfied with it.

Along with Outlook I use Nelson Email Organizer (Outlook Add-On) and highly recommend it.

Another option is Becky! Internet Mail.

NK
======

Irene N
Irene N
United States
Local time: 23:22
English to Russian
+ ...
Bad news Apr 21, 2004

Before you found another email client, can you type your message in Word and attach it?

Cyrillic turned question marks means termination, sorry. Hard-earned personal experience. Any other abracadabra might stand a chance, but not this one. It may allow you to type it for the first time, but you can't re-open it. This means something is missing in your language settings. Do you have multilanguage support istalled and working OK? If this is the problem, after you fix it you still wi
... See more
Before you found another email client, can you type your message in Word and attach it?

Cyrillic turned question marks means termination, sorry. Hard-earned personal experience. Any other abracadabra might stand a chance, but not this one. It may allow you to type it for the first time, but you can't re-open it. This means something is missing in your language settings. Do you have multilanguage support istalled and working OK? If this is the problem, after you fix it you still will not be able to recover old texts, but the new ones will be OK.

Hope it was not a 15-pager.

I use Outlook Express and needed no special settings for Russian Cyrillic. It responds to the same swith keys as in Office applications.

[Edited at 2004-04-21 01:22]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IncrediMail problems - messages sent in cyrillic

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »