https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/20394-cyrillic_printing_not_working.html

Cyrillic printing not working
Thread poster: Armorel Young
Armorel Young
Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:12
German to English
Apr 16, 2004

I've been typing up some pages of Russian-English vocabulary - in a MS Word Document (Windows 98/MS Oice 97), with the Russian on one side of the page and English on the other. When I send it to the printer the English comes out fine but all the Russian words are screwed up - it's printing 2 or 3 letters much too close together, then leaving a gap and printing another bunch of letters almost on top of each other. Even if I just try printing out one Russian word it's coming out funny - yet I've... See more
I've been typing up some pages of Russian-English vocabulary - in a MS Word Document (Windows 98/MS Oice 97), with the Russian on one side of the page and English on the other. When I send it to the printer the English comes out fine but all the Russian words are screwed up - it's printing 2 or 3 letters much too close together, then leaving a gap and printing another bunch of letters almost on top of each other. Even if I just try printing out one Russian word it's coming out funny - yet I've done this many times before without problems so can't understand what's going wrong. I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the printer (it's an HP Deskjet 5552) - it's printing any English text fine, and the document looks fine on the screen, so where is the problem coming from? Any ideas welcome!Collapse

Irene N
Irene N
United States
Local time: 10:12
English to Russian
+ ...
Try to post it in Russian forum Apr 16, 2004

We have a couple of computer wizs there.

I mean Russian-English, of course. Sorry. Have you solved it yet?

[Edited at 2004-04-17 09:07]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cyrillic printing not working

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »