scanning chinese text to produce word document?
Thread poster: xxxkgriff
xxxkgriff
Local time: 17:34
Chinese to English
Apr 21, 2004

Hello,

I want to avoid typing 20,000 chinese words - part of a book to be translated - into a document for my disseration.

With English paper documents, it is possible to scan the pages, transfer to computer and convert to a Word document which can then be edited etc.

Is it possible to do the same with a Chinese document? I have XP, so can read in Chinese, if this is relevant.

Many thanks!!

Kate

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:34
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Try FineReader Apr 21, 2004

There is a demo version for downloading there, so you may check if it is working. Naturally you have to scan the paper documents first, with settings that fit the OCR software best.

http://www.abbyy.com/

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

scanning chinese text to produce word document?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search