Thread poster: Mark Osborne

Mark Osborne  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:20
French to English
+ ...
May 18, 2004

Hello everybody,

My company recently bought an English version of IBM's ViaVoice (Version 10 Pro USB) as an experiment for dictated translating. The system works perfectly until I try to dictate into Word, where nothing happens at all. I suspect the problem may be that my MS Office package is in German, not English. Has anyone had a similar experience? And - most importantly - do you think that the same problem would occur with Dragon's NaturallySpeaking?

Many thanks for any tips!

Mark

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
The "Dot" file May 18, 2004

Maybe you do not install the needed template file (Dot) correctly.

CU
Toledo

Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
you need a language module Jul 4, 2004

Mark Osborne wrote:

Hello everybody,

My company recently bought an English version of IBM's ViaVoice (Version 10 Pro USB) as an experiment for dictated translating. The system works perfectly until I try to dictate into Word, where nothing happens at all. I suspect the problem may be that my MS Office package is in German, not English. Has anyone had a similar experience? And - most importantly - do you think that the same problem would occur with Dragon's NaturallySpeaking?

Many thanks for any tips!

Mark
HI! I think you need the German language module. IBM Via voice must have this, just like Dragon speech has.I use both, but prefer Dragon speech, here you get a german edition.
Regards,
Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IBM ViaVoice problems

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search