International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Internet solutions in Manchester, UK
Thread poster: Marila Tosi

Marila Tosi  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:56
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2012

Dear all!
I am going to spend 3/4 days in Manchester, UK at the end of February and presumably I'll have to work or accessing the Web to check out e-mails and so on. I see in hotels they offer WI-FI only in the public areas and not in the rooms. Does anyone know if some Internet cards or offers exist, in particular for few days? Asking for the moon??icon_smile.gif
Thank you!!

Mary

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Well-nigh ubiquitous Jan 31, 2012

Marila Tosi wrote:

Dear all!
I am going to spend 3/4 days in Manchester, UK at the end of February and presumably I'll have to work or accessing the Web to check out e-mails and so on. I see in hotels they offer WI-FI only in the public areas and not in the rooms. Does anyone know if some Internet cards or offers exist, in particular for few days? Asking for the moon??icon_smile.gif
Thank you!!

Mary

I don't know Manchester specifically but wifi access in my home town of Glasgow is pretty much everywhere, there are cyber cafes on nearly every corner, or pubs with wifi. I'm surpised to hear that hotels are not offering en-suite wifi. In a worst case scenario, many mobile operators like Vodafone sell a dongle you can use, it cost about 30 € the last time I looked.

Bon voyage and best of luck!

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/mobile-internet/on-your-pc-or-mac/index.htm

[Edited at 2012-01-31 10:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-01-31 10:12 GMT]

Helen Shiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:56
German to English
+ ...
Hi Marila Jan 31, 2012

I think you should be able to find plenty of hotels in Manchester with internet access available. I did a quick search: "Manchester internet access hotel" and this was one of many links I found: http://www.hotelclub.com/United-Kingdom/Manchester-hotels/Internet-Access/. Best of luck and enjoy your stay!

Sweden
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Booked! Feb 4, 2012

Thank you! Finally I found a good hotel with internet access in rooms.
Best regards,

Mary

Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:56
Hebrew to English
If you're out and about.... Feb 4, 2012

....you'll find (most if not every) Starbucks, McDonalds et al will all offer free wi-fi too.

Sweden
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 4, 2012

Good to know, Ty Kendall!icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet solutions in Manchester, UK

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search