Evelien Snel  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:01
Member (2010)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 29, 2012

Dear colleagues,

a client would like me to translate courseware that is created in Mediator (version 8).
Does anyone have experience with this?
Is there any way to extract the text parts of a course and to import translations back in?
The internal format Mediator uses looks like a binary soup to me.
The way it looks now I would have to simply re-create the whole course in the target language.

Best regards,
Evelien

Frank van Thienen (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:01
Dutch to English
ask client Jun 29, 2012

Without installing the software, doing anything with such a proprietary format is hopeless.
I'm not familiar with Mediator, and I can't see anything on their website with regard to importing any kind of word processing formats, but I'd ask the client if he can deliver the text in a format you can deal with.
HTH,
Frank icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2012-06-29 15:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating courseware in Mediator

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search