Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 04:34
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jul 27, 2004

I am facing a peculiar problem nowadays. Quite surprisingly, some of the characters of the last words in every line in my e-mail messages (Hotmail) get hidden in the right side of the screen and I am unable to read the same. I have to resort to guess work which works for most of the times but it is somewhat annoying. When I am unable to make a sense of the same or there are small independent words, I have to follow a different course so as to read the hidden matter. I press the reply button and the whole text becomes visible but this process is troublesome and consumes a great deal of time. Reducing the size of the text (View>Text Size>Smallest) does not help.

What may be the possible cause of this problem and how can I get rid of the same?

Thanks in anticipation.

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:34
English to Tamil
+ ...
This problem occurs even in Proz threads Jul 28, 2004

Some threads take all of a sudden more space in the breadth side than can be accommodated by the screen width. This transformation takes place from one page of the text to the next page. I got a useful hint from the Chinese modarator, who told me to try view > encoding > more > Chinese simplified (GB 2312 or something else, I forget). It helped to reduce the width of the text. But this does not hold good in other forums.

And I do not know as to why it should happen between successive pages in the same thread.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't read some characters in e-mails

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search