Couldn't kill it with a stick.. your favourite computer?
Thread poster: Steve Kerry

Steve Kerry  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:30
German to English
Jan 16, 2013

Currently I'm running a Toshiba 17 inch P200 1IR Equium, Intel Core Duo with 2GB ram - had it for 6 years now from new and it still suits me perfectly. Only problem was when I spilled a cup of coffee on the keyboard (classic fail) which I renewed myself at a cost of £30 or so. Build quality is superb and it has a full size, soft-touch, good visibility (black on grey) keyboard which is easy and quiet to type on. So... what is your favourite "bullet proof" computer, and why?

Steve K.

P.S.: Just an afterthought, but equally informative - what was the worst one you have ever owned?
(I'm thinking "Tiny" computers here, but that was "back in the day"....)

[Edited at 2013-01-16 15:08 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yay, Toshiba! Jan 16, 2013

I swear by Toshiba laptops ever since I was gifted a 2nd hand one by a client donkeys ago. I've since bought two and have no complaints whasoever.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Couldn't kill it with a stick.. your favourite computer?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search