Uanble to view PDFs off the Internet
Thread poster: xxxLia Fail
xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 31, 2004

When I click on a link to a PDF document in Google or within a website, it will not open. More specifically, the address appears in the toolbar, but the page remains blank.

I have no problem viewing them if I download them, but I prefer to avoid doing this if possible.

What's the problem? I am thinking it might be my Norton Internet Security.....(?)

TIA:-)

Sorry, the version of Acrobat I am using is 6.0.

[Edited at 2004-08-31 22:49]

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 23:51
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
What is your version? Aug 31, 2004

In order to reduce file size, some pdf files are created to support only Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or 6.0.
If you have Adobe Acrobat (or Reader) version 4.0 or 5.0, you may not be able to see some pdf files.

HTH

Selcuk Akyuz

servet_000
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Acrobat version Aug 31, 2004

Hi,

I used to have similar problem. Acrobat Reader v.6.0 had a bug, but they have corrected the problem with 6.0.1 (the latest version as far as I know).

HHB.
Take care,
Servet

xxxBrandis
Local time: 22:51
English to German
+ ...
acrobat 6.0 professional does it. Aug 31, 2004

Ailish Maher wrote:

When I click on a link to a PDF document in Google or within a website, it will not open. More specifically, the address appears in the toolbar, but the page remains blank.

I have no problem viewing them if I download them, but I prefer to avoid doing this if possible.

What's the problem? I am thinking it might be my Norton Internet Security.....(?)

TIA:-)
Hi! if you have acrobat 6.0, it should function. Additionally Norton people are very popular for antivirus and internet security. In my personal situation, I found more virus on my perfectly functioning comp after installing norton antivirus, similarly everything going smoothly till I had installed internet security, that programm just put brakes on my comp, I was getting busier clicking away allow access or deny access and or setting access level and prioties and working less. So I had removed and took blackice which is giving me good results. That program learns through usage and comes with a few basic settings. Never try the stealth mode.
Rgds,
Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uanble to view PDFs off the Internet

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search