Problem receiving .tif files
Thread poster: JackieMcC

JackieMcC
Local time: 03:28
French to English
Nov 30, 2004

Hello,
When clients send me .tif files (faxes they have received and are forwarding) I can't open them or save them. They appear in the list of attachments, but in a very light grey shade. I have Outlook Express 6 and WIndows Millenium (Word 2000). I don't want to extract the text, convert the file or anything complicated - just open to file so I can print it.
Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.
Jackie

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 22:28
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
If I understood you correctly... Nov 30, 2004

you can't access the attachments probably due to a security issue. You should change your security settings in Outlook Express or in your antivirus software.

A quick way to access these files without changing any settings is to click on the "forward" button; a new mail will pop up with the attached file only this time you can open/save it.

Hope it helps!

JackieMcC
Local time: 03:28
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved ! Nov 30, 2004

The "forward" button did the trick !
Thanks very much Rosanna,
Jackie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem receiving .tif files

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search