Thread poster: Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:26
German to Spanish
Jan 8, 2005

Hi,
I would like the create a invoice with some files. My problem is some of then must be count by lines and some others by hours, and in others I will add a urgent extra charge. It is possible to "count" with differents definitions? I tried but do not find a way to change the count report. And if Practicount can not do it, there is other tool that can do that?

Thks

Toledo

[Edited at 2005-01-08 14:18]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
it is better to process separately Jan 8, 2005

Hi Toledo,
In such cases individual project invoice processing is an easier and a better solution.Brandis

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:26
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TO3000 Jan 8, 2005

Hi,
in TO3000 you could create various jobs, with different payment terms and conditions and then add all these jobs to one invoice.
But I am not sure if this would be a solution for your problem.
HTH
Natália

Toledo wrote:

Hi,
I would like the create a invoice with some files. My problem is some of then I need to count lines and some others hours, by some other I will add a urgent extra charge. It is possible to "count" with differents definitions? I tried but do not find a way to change the count report. And if Practicount can not do it, there is other tool that can do that?

Thks

Toledo

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Hm...this are exactly the... Jan 8, 2005

...situations where a good tool can help to save time.
For some of my clients a do a quarterly invoice and if a have to do 3 or 4 differents invoices with Practicount then it is better to work direct with Excel. Maybe a point for the "I wish list" for the Practicount team. If this tool can count different formats I do not think can be so difficult to give a different count parameter to each file.

Brandis wrote:

Hi Toledo,
In such cases individual project invoice processing is an easier and a better solution.Brandis

[Edited at 2005-01-08 15:21]

[Edited at 2005-01-08 17:44]

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
multi-item job in TO3000 Jan 8, 2005

Hi Toledo,

Agree with Natália, only that you have also the option of creating a multi-item job and calculate each file as you prefer (by word, character, line, fixed amount, however you like...), even different amounts for the units, in case you need to charge differently for a general or a technical text.

I find it very flexible and convenient indeed.

Kind regards,
Grace.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Practicount question

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »