1) Open the txt file in Word and select all text (Ctrl-A).
2) Select Table > Convert > Text to table.
3) Select the number of columns for the table.
4) Select the delimiter that was used in the txt file. E.g. if this was a semi-colon ';' enter this sign in the field Other.
5) Select the first (English) column.
6) Use Ctrl-x to delete it from the current position.
7) Select the 2nd column (originally 3rd), right-click and select Paste column.
8) Select the entire table and then Table > Sort.
9) Sort by Column1, Ascending.
This will result in a table listing the French terms in alphabetical order in the 1st column and the English terms in the 2nd column.
To convert the file back to a txt file, select the table and then Table > Convert > Table to text. After this, you can save the file again as a text file.
[Edited at 2005-02-01 11:41]
[Edited at 2005-02-01 11:43]