Google Translate API- 403 "daily limit exceeded"
Thread poster: jyuan_us

jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:02
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 10, 2016

My Google Translate API suddenly stopped working. When I tried to use it, this error message came up: server returned http code 403( "daily limit exceeded"...)

Did anybody come across the same issue? How did you get it resolved? Thanks!

[Edited at 2016-05-10 18:20 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:02
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Log in and check May 10, 2016

jyuan_us wrote:
My Google Translate API suudenly stopped working. When I tried to use it this error message came up: server returned http code 403( "daily limit exceeded"...)


That's odd... I was not aware of a daily limit. But log in to your API account and check your usage.
https://console.cloud.google.com/billing



[Edited at 2016-05-10 18:19 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:02
English to French
+ ...
Credit card change? May 10, 2016

It happened to me recently, too (not that I use GT too often.)

It had been caused by an apparent bank SNAFU, which had just sent me a new credit card with the same expiration date as the one I had reported lost.

I could not be sure, though, because of the impossibly complicated way to update/change a credit card in the Google Developers nonsensical UI. Also, no other merchant reported a problem with using the reissued credit card.

In the end, I was able to register a different credit card altogether, and the problem disappeared. However, I can't even be sure of the relationship between cause and solution, because I haven't used GT much since then.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:02
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Why do you need it? May 11, 2016

If you're using that much GT, something is wrong.

jyuan_us wrote:

My Google Translate API suddenly stopped working. When I tried to use it, this error message came up: server returned http code 403( "daily limit exceeded"...)

Did anybody come across the same issue? How did you get it resolved? Thanks!

[Edited at 2016-05-10 18:20 GMT]


[Edited at 2016-05-11 14:25 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Translate API- 403 "daily limit exceeded"

Advanced search






memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search