https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/31769-everything_gone_from_outlook_inbox_and_sent_items.html

Everything gone from Outlook Inbox and Sent Items
Thread poster: Irene N
Irene N
Irene N
United States
Local time: 04:22
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 27, 2005

Dear colleagues,
I pretty much understand that there is not a whole lot that can be done. This is more of a question: maybe there is a particular virus that does it, or somebody have had experienced this (I hope not!)

I turned my PC on after a 30-minute break, went to Outlook Express and found my Inbox and Sent Items empty, wiped clean. Only Deleted section has everything I didn't delete.

I have updated Norton Professional, I scanned the machine. No apparent troub
... See more
Dear colleagues,
I pretty much understand that there is not a whole lot that can be done. This is more of a question: maybe there is a particular virus that does it, or somebody have had experienced this (I hope not!)

I turned my PC on after a 30-minute break, went to Outlook Express and found my Inbox and Sent Items empty, wiped clean. Only Deleted section has everything I didn't delete.

I have updated Norton Professional, I scanned the machine. No apparent trouble. Applications work fine.

Any clues? Any chances I could recover the files should I go to my server owner? Thank God there was nothing critical but I wonder - how could that have happened and could it be that someone just broke in and stole the whole thing? Kind of stupid question but I'm completely lost as to why and how...

Thank you so much.
Irina

Also - there were messages for the last 2 months only so overflooding does not seem to be an issue.

[Edited at 2005-04-27 14:23]
Collapse

Irene N
Irene N
United States
Local time: 04:22
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Question closed Apr 27, 2005

I got the answer in the Russian forum - FYI, all I had to do was to go to Outlook - Find - Advanced and set the search to "Inbox" "before April 26", i.e. previous day, and everything was right there, so I moved it back to Inbox (and cleaned the way I needed). Don't wish it to anyone but I think the trick is good to know, thanks to one of my Russian colleagues.

thanks for the room in the forum!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Everything gone from Outlook Inbox and Sent Items

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »