Thread poster: Carmen Cuervo-Arango

Carmen Cuervo-Arango  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 2, 2005

Hello!

A client of mine wants me to make the last corrections to a manual I translated in Word and see if the pdf file they have made has any typographic mistakes or if they have left any source language words/sentences when they converted my word document.

I thought I just had to indicate in a Word file the pages and the sentences to be corrected, but the client has told me I can add post-it notes in all the Acrobat pages where I find mistakes. Is this possible with the free Acrobat Reader (I have version 7.0) or can I only do this with the Acrobat Writer?

Thanks in advance for any information about how to do it!

Carmen

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Not with Acrobat Reader May 2, 2005

You need a full version of Acrobat to have this feature, UNLESS you can find a Acrobat Reader 4.0 version.

Tip: go on Adobe's website and download a free 30-trial of Acrobat

Good luck!

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Acrobat 7 is supposed to have this May 2, 2005

I hear Acrobat 7 has such a feature, BUT it requires that the PDF is created in such a way that the addition of comments using the Reader is possible. Again, this is supposed to be new in v7.

HTH,
Benjamin

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 2, 2005

Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:

You need a full version of Acrobat to have this feature, UNLESS you can find a Acrobat Reader 4.0 version.

Tip: go on Adobe's website and download a free 30-trial of Acrobat

Good luck!

Thank you for such a complete answer, Marie-Claude, you have given me all the information I needed and have saved me lots of time and work!

Carmen

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Steps for adding notes in Acrobat Reader May 2, 2005

tectranslate wrote:

I hear Acrobat 7 has such a feature, BUT it requires that the PDF is created in such a way that the addition of comments using the Reader is possible. Again, this is supposed to be new in v7.

HTH,
Benjamin

My client said I could do it, but I have been looking for this function and I haven't found it. Does anyone know which steps I must follow?

Robert Tucker
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:24
German to English
+ ...
Right-click May 2, 2005

Carmen Cuervo-Arango wrote:

tectranslate wrote:

HTH,
Benjamin

My client said I could do it, but I have been looking for this function and I haven't found it. Does anyone know which steps I must follow?

Try right-clicking in the Acrobat Reader tool-bar and see if it is possible to select "Commenting".

You might also try right-clicking in the document and seeing if something with "Add Note" does not pop up.

If this does not work, does it say "Commenting: Allowed" in the middle of "Document Restrictions Summary"?

File>Document Properties...(Ctrl+D) select "Security"

[Edited at 2005-07-07 20:20]

Ioana Costache  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2007)
English to Romanian
+ ...
alternatives May 2, 2005

Dear Carmen,

try these links:

http://www.jawspdf.com/download/index.html - pdf editor, my favourite
http://www.pdf995.com/download.html - for free, sponsored ->
pdfEdit995

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 3, 2005

Ioana Costache wrote:

Dear Carmen,

try these links:

http://www.jawspdf.com/download/index.html - pdf editor, my favourite
http://www.pdf995.com/download.html - for free, sponsored ->
pdfEdit995

Thank you so much to Robert and Iona.

The file did not allowed comments, but it was good to follow the steps Robert suggested to be sure I was not looking in the wrong direction.

And I find Iona's suggestion very helpful for future pdf edition possibilities. Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I add post-it/comments with Acrobat Reader

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search