Thread poster: Bilore

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:02
English to French
+ ...
May 25, 2005

Hi everybody!

Yes I know, one more question about pdf conversion!

Well, the fact is that I had a word doc that I proofread for a friend of mine and then converted into a pdf because he had a problem to receive word docs by e-mails.
So I sent him the PDF and said I would bring him a word version when we meet and now I realise I didn't keep the original word doc! yes, I know, I am stupid...

I've tried to make the word doc again from the pdf but it's very messy as regards the footnotes and the styles I had used... Is there some trick to avoid loosing this type of links?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:02
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Let him send you the original file May 26, 2005

and do the proofreading again, with the help of the pdf-file.
Using Abbyy finreader though you would get a word-file, that looks exactly like the original, but the formatting of course is different.

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:02
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
if the document had been shorter...... May 26, 2005

Dear Heinrich Pesch :

I would love to do that but the original is 244 pages. It is written by a foreign student and it is more rewriting than proofreading! I know this student so it's not so bad...I mean that he can wait a little. It is also better that I keep the text and do the formating again than the contrary. I was wonderinf if there was a way.....

I could find about 165 pages that were proofread and in word format (the first part I had proofread and that was left on my PC). Someone advised me to use solid Converter on the French Forum. I started to "recover" the other pages with it and it's not so bad!

Of course, if the text had been shorter, I would also have simply re-proofread it!

Thank you Heinrich!

Christine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

keeping footnotes and styles when converting pdf into word

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search