Runtime Error Heeellllp
Thread poster: tucup
tucup
tucup
English
Jul 15, 2005

Hi,

I keep getting this error on my new IBM Laptop and im lost.

Runtime Error Program:

c:\Program Files\Internet explorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information

I read a topic about this before but the links seem to be dead. Has anyone had this error. The IBM laptop is new with xp home and Nortons installed wit
... See more
Hi,

I keep getting this error on my new IBM Laptop and im lost.

Runtime Error Program:

c:\Program Files\Internet explorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information

I read a topic about this before but the links seem to be dead. Has anyone had this error. The IBM laptop is new with xp home and Nortons installed with office and internet connection is ADSL BT
Collapse

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:29
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
New laptop and Internet Explorer Jul 15, 2005

I did not exactly have a runtime error like you. What I had was a non-responsive Internet Explorer. It just did not react to anything. My MacAfee security center could not be updated because it is done via Internet Explorer, I could not download anything from Microsoft either.
In the end I had to reboot the system. That was sort of painful but not too much as the laptop was almost brand new (2 month) and I had not accumulated too much persihable stuff.
What I can advise you to do i
... See more
I did not exactly have a runtime error like you. What I had was a non-responsive Internet Explorer. It just did not react to anything. My MacAfee security center could not be updated because it is done via Internet Explorer, I could not download anything from Microsoft either.
In the end I had to reboot the system. That was sort of painful but not too much as the laptop was almost brand new (2 month) and I had not accumulated too much persihable stuff.
What I can advise you to do is contact the company that sold you the laptop or the manufacturer's help line. Most laptop manufacturer's will have one. They have to help in cases like this, especially if the laptop is brand new and you have a 1 year warranty.
It is not clear in which country you live and your customer support can depend on that as well. But there must be one.

HTH
Burrell
Collapse

Yuri Yuri
Yuri Yuri
Local time: 22:29
English to Russian
+ ...
Trial and error usually helps Jul 15, 2005

If there are specifics about the error (does it have any additional info beyond what you've written?) then you could Google for it , otherwise only trial and error would resolve the issue. You didn't specified when this error occurs.

I'd suggest following steps -

1) clean the Temporary Folder in Internet Explorer (IE)
( Tools ->Internet Options->Temporary Internet Files [Delete Files]);

2) run Windows Update and check whether updates related to IE ar
... See more
If there are specifics about the error (does it have any additional info beyond what you've written?) then you could Google for it , otherwise only trial and error would resolve the issue. You didn't specified when this error occurs.

I'd suggest following steps -

1) clean the Temporary Folder in Internet Explorer (IE)
( Tools ->Internet Options->Temporary Internet Files [Delete Files]);

2) run Windows Update and check whether updates related to IE are available - if so install them;

3) run some anti-spyware software , they [spyware] are notorious for mangling the IE. I use Adaware, but the brand-new from the Microsoft is now available too.
Collapse

tucup
tucup
English
TOPIC STARTER
more likely dll error Jul 17, 2005

Many thanks,

I think its more likly to be a missing component like a dll file or a damaged one. What really gets me though is that IBM bundled a whole load of programs in it for service and messaging that I dont need. I only wanted a laptop that ran XP, OFFICE and some ANTIVIRUS. I had a friend do a registry check and found 1451 errors, 80 critical ones. usually XP only has maybe 3 which might be PTBOOT etc.

Ive run nortons AV 2005, Adaware, Spybot, Regcleaner and micro
... See more
Many thanks,

I think its more likly to be a missing component like a dll file or a damaged one. What really gets me though is that IBM bundled a whole load of programs in it for service and messaging that I dont need. I only wanted a laptop that ran XP, OFFICE and some ANTIVIRUS. I had a friend do a registry check and found 1451 errors, 80 critical ones. usually XP only has maybe 3 which might be PTBOOT etc.

Ive run nortons AV 2005, Adaware, Spybot, Regcleaner and microsofts spyware tool but nothing has stopped this coming up

Im going to try reinstalling IEXPLORE.EXE and java although I didnt install java it seems to pop up on a number of web sites relating to runtime errors in IE

....WHY ME

Thanks for your help
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime Error Heeellllp

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »