Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 17:30
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Aug 3, 2005

I'd be thankful if someone could help me in solving the following technical problems being faced by me:

1. It is surprising that I can't see a portion of text highlighted in a MS Word file by my clients on a computer, but I can see the highlighted text on a different computer.

2. Earlier, when some of my agencies sent me a MS Word file for reviewing or accepting the rejecting the changes made by the editor or proofreader, I could see the name of the editor or proofreader by putting the cursor on the same. This does not happen now and I can't find their names. What is the possible reason and how can I solve this?

3. And finally, sometimes I need to send sound files to the clients after recording the pronounciation. The sound recording software of Windows allows just one minute of recording which means I have to create multiple files if I have to record a long text which causes inconveniece, in addition to wastage of time. Also, a number of sound files make the attachments very heavy which take time to upload. Is there any website, which provides the sound recording software for 4 minutes or more?

Thanks in anticipation.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-08-03 12:59]

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:00
English to Polish
+ ...
I have one answer... Aug 3, 2005

I use Audacity. It's a free recording software and allows you to produce MP3 in addition to WMF, supports multitrack recording etc...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Hester Eymers  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:00
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Many thanks! Aug 3, 2005

Robert Zawadzki wrote:

I use Audacity. It's a free recording software and allows you to produce MP3 in addition to WMF, supports multitrack recording etc...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/[/quote]

Thanks! I was looking for a program like that, but didn't know what or where to find it.

Regards,
Hester

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A few minor issues with MS Word, sound files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search