Windows x64 ?
Thread poster: e2f
e2f
e2f  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:57
English to French
Sep 27, 2005

I'm preparing to buy a new workstation here. Does anybody know whether Trados/SDLX/Transit are Windows x64 compatible ?

Zoltán Medgyesi
Zoltán Medgyesi
Hungary
Local time: 12:57
English to Hungarian
Yes, but... Sep 28, 2005

Theoretically AMD and Intel CPUs can run x32 applications, and Windows XP/64 bit does so too. However, you can have problems with device drivers for your internal hardware elements and peripherals, with CD-burning applications etc.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 12:57
English to German
+ ...
make it a server Sep 28, 2005

mzdude wrote:

Theoretically AMD and Intel CPUs can run x32 applications, and Windows XP/64 bit does so too. However, you can have problems with device drivers for your internal hardware elements and peripherals, with CD-burning applications etc.
I suggest if you are going for SMD or other 64 platorms, it is the best solution. There may be gadget driver troubles or so. I am curretly testing a Dual Xeon type with SCSI 1 switcheable to II with 2 GB RAM and only a CD-ROM reading device on it and an additonal HD, 36GB. Run LINUX Redhat with 100/1000 NIC. I guess the home office standards have gone up a little competing with the mid-industry standards. For windows 64, Bit there are not many applications. Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows x64 ?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »