Guidelines for Glossary
Thread poster: Susanne_A
Susanne_A
Susanne_A
English
Oct 3, 2005

Are there any guidelines as to what kind of words should be in a Glossary that will be used by the translators?

The Glossary would be used in DejaVu.

I checked the Internet but haven't been too successful yet.

Thanks
Susanne

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:25
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
It must be simple and exclusive Oct 4, 2005

Susanne_A wrote:
Are there any guidelines as to what kind of words should be in a Glossary that will be used by the translators? The Glossary would be used in DejaVu.

I don't use DejaVu, but for a Wordfast glossary the tips I can give you is to keep it simple and keep it exclusive. In other words, add only words that have a single correct translation. Some may disagree with me, but if you keep it simple, it'll work best. The WF glossary supports fuzzy recognition and stemming too, so if DejaVu has the same features, you might want to adapt your glossary entries to make full use of these features.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Guidelines for Glossary

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »