skype with IE toolbar and Outlook tool bar
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 09:25
English to German
+ ...
Dec 5, 2005

I just found this out, it is infact very convenient, instead of having to do a webbased php chat, as it works like any other tool bar. Just wanted to share this info with you all. I am convinced that this opens a new market for on-line interpreters.Perhaps this can be integrated into Fusion, leveraging on communication part. Brandis

[Edited at 2005-12-05 19:51]

[Edited at 2005-12-05 21:19]

Direct link Reply with quote

Konstantinos Karanikas B.Sc. Electr. Eng., MITI
Greece
Local time: 10:25
English to Greek
+ ...
...infant indeed! : )) Dec 6, 2005

... it works beutifully! but only occasionally! ... and whenever local telephony service providers provide the services you have already signed for! as I have recently found out here in Greece.

Maybe, it is the case where the national telecommunications providers want to monopolize VoIP services for themselves first and for a fee, before giving full access to the bandwidth we (users) were supposed to be provided with, when we first signed the contract, and so create deliberate problems to end users!

They are selling bandwidth to let's say, 20,000 users when the system was first designed for 1,000 users. What can you expect!

Until then, and let's hope this is going to be soon enough, we have to make do with what bandwidth we can squeeze out of the system!

Skype is damn cheap to use, and thank God we are able to find out about such things just by being members of this web-based futuristic world, when the rest of the world is looking for the TV remote control! : )))

[Edited at 2005-12-06 11:54]

xxxBrandis
Local time: 09:25
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
there are infact many features lately Dec 6, 2005

recording conversation for one, web plugin yet another and similarly many others, just log in and find out. The tool checks the outlook contacts and filters all skypeids and puts them on the list. cool eh! You can have confereces also, but I guess that needs higher bandwidths as well. Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

skype with IE toolbar and Outlook tool bar

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search