https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/40987-tag_protection_on.html

Tag protection ON!
Thread poster: Elena Miguel
Elena Miguel
Elena Miguel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 4, 2006

This is a message I posted in the TRADOS support forum some months ago but none of the solutions you suggested has worked and this "little problem" is driving me crazy!!

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum to post this message because I don't know if Trados is the cause of the problem explained below...
I recently had to format my PC and install again all the applications.
After this process, when I try to check the spelling of any document written in English I
... See more
This is a message I posted in the TRADOS support forum some months ago but none of the solutions you suggested has worked and this "little problem" is driving me crazy!!

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum to post this message because I don't know if Trados is the cause of the problem explained below...
I recently had to format my PC and install again all the applications.
After this process, when I try to check the spelling of any document written in English I get a message on the task bar saying "Tag protection ON!" and Word ignores all the text and says everything is Ok (indeed, it says that the process has finished although no typos are found). I've even made spelling errors on purpose to check whether it works or not and Word was not able to detect them.
Surprinsingly enough, I only have this problem when I'm working in English, because indeed I can check the spelling of texts written in Spanish.
Have you ever experiencied a similar problem??
Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Did you try the Toggle Tag Protection menu option? Jan 5, 2006

This may sound obvious, but did you click the Toggle Tag Protection menu option?

Elena Miguel
Elena Miguel  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I did Jan 5, 2006

But it doesn't work either....
Thank you anyway.

lucasm (X)
lucasm (X)
German to English
I had the same problem Mar 1, 2006

and found this: http://www.proz.com/topic/38811

Not really a solution (in the sense that Trados started working again), but a fix at any rate (Spell check works again).

Hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag protection ON!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »