Advice sought in connection with pop-up blocker
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:26
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 22, 2006

I have downloaded and installed a pop-up blocker in my computer to avoid the undesirable and annoying pop-ups. It is working fine but it is also causing a problem. Sometimes, I receive links or URLs in my e-mails and when I press on the same to access the concerned website, the pop-up blocker does not allow to do the same.

How can I get rid of this problem? Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:56
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
popup Jan 22, 2006

I had the same problem about 2 years ago. I got good answers and solutions here:

Good luck,

Local time: 04:56
English to Russian
+ ...
depends on the pop-up blocker you use Jan 23, 2006

All (at least all popular) pop-up blockers have some hot-key sequence that allows to follow the link as if there were no pop-up blocking , e.g. the Google toolbar I use follows any link if I press Ctrl key and while holding it click on the link. So refer to the help file of your pop-up blocking software.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice sought in connection with pop-up blocker

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search