Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:25
Flemish to English
+ ...
Apr 12, 2006

Since I installed Firefox, I ran into trouble with IE. I keep getting the message that a memory block can not be read. Msmessenger combined with hotmail refuses to function too...
To what extend are these programs compatible?

[Edited at 2006-04-12 12:58]

Hikmat Gumilar
Hikmat Gumilar  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 17:25
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Download IE Extension Apr 12, 2006

Williamson wrote:
Since I installed Firefox, I ran into trouble with IE. I keep getting the message that a memory block can not be read. Msmessenger combined with hotmail refuse to function too... To what extend are these programs compatible?

Try download the extension at http://ietab.mozdev.org/

it will work just fine.
Firefox with its additional Ext are powerful.

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:25
German to English
+ ...
Not quite the same problems, but ... Apr 12, 2006

... I had a couple of browser problems (only IE worked, couldn't get Firefox, Opera or Netscape to work, couldn't open PDF files from the browser, and I could only open PDFs with Acrobat reader 6, not version 7).

My solution: I reformatted the hard disk and reinstalled Windows over the weekend. Now everything works as it should. It seems that Windows collects a lot of registry problems over time, and reformatting once in a while is the best solution - short of buying a new computer
... See more
... I had a couple of browser problems (only IE worked, couldn't get Firefox, Opera or Netscape to work, couldn't open PDF files from the browser, and I could only open PDFs with Acrobat reader 6, not version 7).

My solution: I reformatted the hard disk and reinstalled Windows over the weekend. Now everything works as it should. It seems that Windows collects a lot of registry problems over time, and reformatting once in a while is the best solution - short of buying a new computer. (My computer is two and a half years old, and it was apparently time for a clean-out).
Collapse

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:25
English to Swedish
+ ...
Probable diagnosis: Bloated Registry Apr 12, 2006

Recommended therapy: jv16 (http://www.jv16.org/).

Worked for me!

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:25
Flemish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IE-symbol Apr 12, 2006

Reinstalling 114 gb of software is a chore of a week and not an option. Copying hard-disks and migrating is.
--
I removed both and reinstalled IE6.0. However, in the address bar next to the http://.... the IE-symbol is replaced by a square indicating that it cannot be found. This resulted in continuous errors. Tried JV 16 PowerTools, it worked,but whenever I try to open Gmail, cross-reference errors to different
... See more
Reinstalling 114 gb of software is a chore of a week and not an option. Copying hard-disks and migrating is.
--
I removed both and reinstalled IE6.0. However, in the address bar next to the http://.... the IE-symbol is replaced by a square indicating that it cannot be found. This resulted in continuous errors. Tried JV 16 PowerTools, it worked,but whenever I try to open Gmail, cross-reference errors to different memory blocks occur. Could it have something to do with the cache memory?

[Edited at 2006-04-13 07:18]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »