Off topic: How to install PHPBB
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 05:03
English to German
+ ...
May 31, 2006

Hello all! This question has been troubling me for a while. I have never installed one yet. But the various C-Panels provide a button to install and to uninstall. Would uploading be fine or is there a special installation process. When I download a newer version of PHPBB it comes zipped. Thank you for all the fish! Best Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Follow the instructions May 31, 2006

Usually, there is a file within the zip archive that is called install.txt or similar.

Follow these instructions. If I am not completely mistaken, PHPBB needs a database server, but IMHO, the db part (db and tables) are created automatically through the installation script.

Just follow the instructions. This is the safest way.

Sonja

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Follow the instructions, or use Fantastico May 31, 2006

Brandis wrote:
But the various C-Panels provide a button to install and to uninstall. Would uploading be fine or is there a special installation process.

For PHPBB, there is a special installation process. You have to create a MySQL database and inform your PHP installer page of the username and password to that database. I'd say 99% of the files can be uploaded as-is, but one or two needs tweaking.

Or, if your CPanel supports it, simply use Fantastico to install PHPBB (although it may not be the very, very latest version), and you may have to read up on how to backup your data because it won't happen automatically.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to install PHPBB

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search