How can I locate and delete an unwanted video clip from my computer?
Thread poster: Sanjiv Sadan (X)
Sanjiv Sadan (X)
Sanjiv Sadan (X)
Local time: 10:41
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 16, 2006

While navigating a web site, I clicked on a link to view a video clip assuming that it will not be downloaded on my system, but to my surprise it has found way on to my system. Whenever, I click on Real Player or Windows Media Player icon, I get this clip, which I don't want to have in my computer.

How can I know its location to delete the same?

Is there a simple way to get rid of the same?

Thank you in advance. I am awaiting your suggestions.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:11
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
How can I locate and delete an unwanted video clip from my computer? Jun 16, 2006

Start Windows Media Player. If the clip begins to play, go to File - Properties. This will open the Properties dialog. The last item on the File tab is the file location. Browse to that location in File Explorer and delete the file.

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Simpler... Jun 17, 2006

If you know the name of the clip (which you can get from the player), click Start > Search and introduce the parameters. That should do it.

Nevertheless, there are programs for recovering/going back to the configuration (and contents) you had before (up to about 24 hours, more or less). They are very useful in this time and age when surfing is becoming more like gambling (you never know when they are going to drop an unwanted file or program at your doorstep, forcefully). They are a
... See more
If you know the name of the clip (which you can get from the player), click Start > Search and introduce the parameters. That should do it.

Nevertheless, there are programs for recovering/going back to the configuration (and contents) you had before (up to about 24 hours, more or less). They are very useful in this time and age when surfing is becoming more like gambling (you never know when they are going to drop an unwanted file or program at your doorstep, forcefully). They are also extremely helpful when playing with your configuration or when installing something that misfires. It is a quick way to solve that trouble.

Good luck!

P.
www.pbayle.com/blogs
Collapse

Nizamettin Yigit
Nizamettin Yigit  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to Turkish
+ ...
hidden files and folders Jun 18, 2006

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Start Windows Media Player. If the clip begins to play, go to File - Properties. This will open the Properties dialog. The last item on the File tab is the file location. Browse to that location in File Explorer and delete the file.

A small edition to this: it may be located in a system folder or hidden older. In that case you want to first make hidden files and folders visible and than track the location of the file(s) that your player is playing.

Good luck!

Nizam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I locate and delete an unwanted video clip from my computer?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »