Upgrading to Office 07 AND I CAN'T USE TRADOS!
Thread poster: MGB
MGB
MGB
Local time: 11:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 2, 2007

Hi everybody! I hope somebody can help me because I am in total despair.
I know what I did was bad, VERY BAD, so please do not tell me that.
I was given Office 07 as a present, and I couldn't resist the temptation to install it. I'm in the middle of a project -- deadline this week and... surprise! After installing Office 07 I I can't use trados. Every time I try to open a segment it says "33353 end of paragraph not found", And there are no tags missing! It just seems to be a probl
... See more
Hi everybody! I hope somebody can help me because I am in total despair.
I know what I did was bad, VERY BAD, so please do not tell me that.
I was given Office 07 as a present, and I couldn't resist the temptation to install it. I'm in the middle of a project -- deadline this week and... surprise! After installing Office 07 I I can't use trados. Every time I try to open a segment it says "33353 end of paragraph not found", And there are no tags missing! It just seems to be a problem of compatibility.

I know some people were able to use it (I read some posts), they had another kind of problems (such as .bak files), but nothing like this!!

Will the only solution be to install the old office again or does anybody know how to fix this??

Collapse

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:48
English to German
+ ...
Parallel installation Jun 3, 2007

I am running Trados/Office under Vista, so I am not sure if this will work for you, but as a fast fix:
You should be able to install the old Word version parallel to the new one and then finish your project and leave the rest until after the deadline.

Install the old version into a different directory and copy the Trados files from the Word2007 Start folder to the Word Start Folder of your old version.

I am running a parallel installation of Office 2007/Trados 20
... See more
I am running Trados/Office under Vista, so I am not sure if this will work for you, but as a fast fix:
You should be able to install the old Word version parallel to the new one and then finish your project and leave the rest until after the deadline.

Install the old version into a different directory and copy the Trados files from the Word2007 Start folder to the Word Start Folder of your old version.

I am running a parallel installation of Office 2007/Trados 2007 and Word 2003/Trados 2006 and it works quite fine. After having worked with Word 2003, Word 2007 always runs some configuration manager at start-up but otherwise there have been no problems so far (apart from some problems SDL Trados has not fixed yet).

And check on the Trados Website, whether there are any updates or patches for your Trados version with Word 2007.

[Bearbeitet am 2007-06-03 09:19]
Collapse

MGB
MGB
Local time: 11:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Danke, Caludia Jun 9, 2007

Ok, that was all my German.

Thanks a lot... I did that, installed the old version parallel to the new one. Anyway, the good news is that you have Trados running under Vista, which I thought to be imposible! I have just bought a new laptop and obviously came with Vista, didn't have time to install Trados yet, but it's good to know -hopefully- I'll be able to do it.

Tks, again!

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:48
English to German
+ ...
Trados under Vista Jun 9, 2007

If you wish to work with Vista just make sure, you have enough RAM and a strong processor. I have 4 GB RAM and a new DualCore Processor, so Trados 2007 with Vista and Office 2007 offers a
manageable working speed.

Still, Trados 2007 suffers from new hot key assignments in Office 2007, so you have to get used to new key combinations (ALT+N for next segment; actually , this seems to be an old key combination, as I was told...
See more
If you wish to work with Vista just make sure, you have enough RAM and a strong processor. I have 4 GB RAM and a new DualCore Processor, so Trados 2007 with Vista and Office 2007 offers a
manageable working speed.

Still, Trados 2007 suffers from new hot key assignments in Office 2007, so you have to get used to new key combinations (ALT+N for next segment; actually , this seems to be an old key combination, as I was told ). There is already some patch for this, but after installing the patch Trados 2007 displayed half of its menus in Greek and Japanese. Trados now sent me a patch for this, but for now I prefer to keep my deadlines with the good old
Office 2003/Trados 2006 combination, which works fine under Vista Business, instead of spending my time with fixing and patching software, which is only fun, when I am at my leisure ...

Stay healthy!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading to Office 07 AND I CAN'T USE TRADOS!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »