Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:49
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jun 3, 2007

I have had a problem with a Word 97 file I am translating which contains some 50 photographs and a few tables. After saving the text, to my horror all the photographs (except the first one) turned into blank squares and were vanished for good.

On other occasions in the past, photographs became just squares with a red X in the middle (this has happened on the Internet as well) but this time there are just squares. Please help, as some tables have also vanished and there may be transl
... See more
I have had a problem with a Word 97 file I am translating which contains some 50 photographs and a few tables. After saving the text, to my horror all the photographs (except the first one) turned into blank squares and were vanished for good.

On other occasions in the past, photographs became just squares with a red X in the middle (this has happened on the Internet as well) but this time there are just squares. Please help, as some tables have also vanished and there may be translatable material in them.

Is there any way to get the photographs back?
Collapse

patyjs
patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
cut and paste from your text back to the original Jun 3, 2007

Hi Paul, I'm sure you can't have eliminated the original document.......you say you saved the text...why don't you try cutting and pasting back to the original which has the photographs......after making another copy of the original of course.

hope this helps....good luck!

lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:49
Portuguese to English
double click Jun 3, 2007

Sometimes, double clicking (left mouse button) on the empty square restores the image. It doesn't always work though.

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
which Word version? Jun 4, 2007

This can happen when you receive a file generated in a newer Word version than yours. Example: you have Word 97, and the file was generated in Word 2003. Your Word 97 may not support the latest graphic file formats.

AM

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
a known problem with Word 97 Jun 5, 2007

see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162349

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Photographs turn into blank squares

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »