Outlook Express slow to receive e-mails with attachments
Thread poster: Sarah Port

Sarah Port  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:50
German to English
+ ...
Jun 5, 2007

Hello

My Outlook Express package has been taking up to an hour to receive some e-mails with attachments of late. Any ideas as to how I can speed things up? I am anxious not to miss out on potential assignments due to my delay in responding.

Many thanks in advance,
Sarah

Direct link Reply with quote

Helene Martin-Hernandez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:50
English to French
+ ...
Outlook full Jun 5, 2007

I think this can happen when your Outlook is too full. It slows down a lot if you don't archive your emails and keep everything in Outlook. You have to use the Autoarchive system and free some space for your Outlook to work properly (you will still have your emails, but they will be archived in a different folder elsewhere in your computer).
You also didn't say how big the attachments were. Sometimes it's worth using a FTP to transfer files if they're too big...
Good luck!
Helene

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outlook Express slow to receive e-mails with attachments

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search