Thread poster: Andy Bell
Andy Bell
Andy Bell  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:14
Norwegian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jul 9, 2007

Dear colleagues, I am a full-time freelance translator and the preservation of some form of social life with my family requires that sometimes I need to leave my PC off and go away for the weekend - as we all do. Up to now I took my laptop with me, which was fairly intrusive, and I'm really keen in finding some form of auto-reply. By way of background, I have my own hosted email address via Proz, which I have directed into Outlook via my ISP's ISP settings, i.e. I use my Proz email settings for ... See more
Dear colleagues, I am a full-time freelance translator and the preservation of some form of social life with my family requires that sometimes I need to leave my PC off and go away for the weekend - as we all do. Up to now I took my laptop with me, which was fairly intrusive, and I'm really keen in finding some form of auto-reply. By way of background, I have my own hosted email address via Proz, which I have directed into Outlook via my ISP's ISP settings, i.e. I use my Proz email settings for mail in, i.e. xxxx.scandinaviantranslations.org, and my ISP for mail out, i.e. mail.blahblahblah.org. My ISP doesn't use an exchange server and I've set up an autoreply in Outlook which is fine, but of course it doesn't work when your PC is off - which is not ideal if you go away for say a week.
I can't be the only person who has their hosted email address diverted via their ISP into Outlook or some other email program.
I'd welcome any ideas or help.
Thanks in advance
Andy Bell
Collapse

R. Alex Jenkins
R. Alex Jenkins  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:14
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Depends greatly on your host Jul 10, 2007

Hi Andy,

I understand the problem; you have to leave the energy sapping computer on all day, even when you're on holiday. And, no, you're not the only one to use diverted POP3 mail from your service provider.

Your host should have the autoreply function built into their equivalent control panel. I use iPowerweb to host my website and all I have to do is enter their vDeck program via a web browser and set my autoreply to on via THE SERVER, with appropriate message. It wo
... See more
Hi Andy,

I understand the problem; you have to leave the energy sapping computer on all day, even when you're on holiday. And, no, you're not the only one to use diverted POP3 mail from your service provider.

Your host should have the autoreply function built into their equivalent control panel. I use iPowerweb to host my website and all I have to do is enter their vDeck program via a web browser and set my autoreply to on via THE SERVER, with appropriate message. It works fine.

If your host does not provide this service consider going to a service provider that does. Or just ask them how to do it!

All the best,
Richard.
Collapse

casey
casey  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:14
Japanese to English
proZ uses cPanel if I'm not mistaken Jul 10, 2007

If you have access to your control panel then you should be able to set up an autoresponder under the mail settings.

Andy Bell
Andy Bell  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:14
Norwegian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Auto-responder Jul 10, 2007

Thanks Richard, Casey. I found it on CPanel, as you quite rightly said. Much appreciated.
Best
Andy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autoreply - out of office

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »