Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 08:25
German to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2003

HELP please!

I have a job right now in Excel. On some of the Excel sheets there is the page number (Seite 1, Seite 2, etc) in gray \'behind\' the table. I can\'t click into this page number to edit it - how do I get there?

Thanks!

Alison

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:25
German to English
+ ...
View - Header and Footer Feb 7, 2003

Hi Alison,

This is just a guess. Is it in the header and footer section. I\'ve had all sorts of grief trying to edit those in the past and I know that, in Word, for example, the wallpaper is within the header.

Just a thought!

HTH

Mary

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've looked in the headers/footers Feb 7, 2003

I\'ve looked in the headers/footers and can\'t find anything in there.

tsidkenu
tsidkenu
Local time: 11:55
English to French
Excel Buster Feb 7, 2003

Hi Alison,

I guess we\'ve all faced that problem at some time or the other. The page no. will be in the header or the footer. To get rid of it, do the following :

Go to the Top Menu Bar > View > Header and Footer. Choose Header and Footer from the options (Page, Margins, H&F). When it asks what you want, on the scroll down bar click \"none\".

That should pretty much solve your problem. You can use this same method to activate the page nos
... See more
Hi Alison,

I guess we\'ve all faced that problem at some time or the other. The page no. will be in the header or the footer. To get rid of it, do the following :

Go to the Top Menu Bar > View > Header and Footer. Choose Header and Footer from the options (Page, Margins, H&F). When it asks what you want, on the scroll down bar click \"none\".

That should pretty much solve your problem. You can use this same method to activate the page nos. in another document if required.

Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
try this: Feb 7, 2003

View -> Header/Footer -> Header/Footer tab - > Custom Header or Custom Footer button -> Left/Center/Right section

This should work 100%

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope, can't find it in the header/footer Feb 7, 2003

I can\'t find it anywhere in the header or footer. Sorry Casa - doesn\'t seem to work here....

Thanks!

ALison

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:25
German to English
+ ...
'Nother go! Feb 7, 2003

Are you in \'Page break preview mode\'? (Option under \'Normal\' in \'View\' menu). This is the only way I can get \'Page 1\', etc. to display on my screen, effectively behind the text. But this is just as a guidance and is not actually part of the document. Do the page numbers come out on a printed version?

Fairly puzzled!

Mary

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Change the view in your document Feb 7, 2003

Alison has send me the file - the solution was as simple as that:

The document (or the particular page of it) was shown in \"page break preview\" - then Excel shows gray \"page nn\" under the text - but only on the screen. This \"page nn\" does not print.

After changing to normal view you will see no \"Page nn\" ingrey underneath the text.

Kind regards

Jerzy

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all for your help Feb 7, 2003

Yes, the answer was that I was in page break preview mode. Now I know better!

... See more
Yes, the answer was that I was in page break preview mode. Now I know better!

Alison
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel - page number in background of table that I can\'t edit

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »