Non-Native English Translators - Windows XP/ Word 2002 Voice Recognition feature for translations
Thread poster: amat
amat
amat
Local time: 22:59
French to Polish
+ ...
Feb 28, 2003

I would be indebted to you if you can provide me with your hands-on-experience in using Voice Recognition feature in Windows XP for direct recording your translations.

Does it work good enough? Does it take a long hours to \"teach\" the system your voice pattern? Any many more questions that can come to your mind.

All input will very much appeciated.

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:59
Flemish to English
+ ...
L&HVoice Express V4.0 (Dutch) Mar 1, 2003

It took four hours to \"train\" L&H Voice Express v4.0. (Dutch Version). Microsoft incorporated L&H-technology in XP.(Ms had a stake in L&H). Guess, it must not be so much different for Polish. Works fine, but sometimes you have to add some corrections

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:59
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Re: Non-Native English Translators Mar 1, 2003

I use it. Training takes few hours, I, whean I had to do it, read one of about 8 training pieces a time, each takes 15-20 minutes. With simple text accuracy is about 90%, on emergencies I have translated with it more than 2500 words per hour, OK, add an hour for cleaning up all the mess and \"the\"s and \"it\"s, which invariably appear every time someone closes the door or moves a chair in the room you\'re working.
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-Native English Translators - Windows XP/ Word 2002 Voice Recognition feature for translations

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »