Run-time error 5 in MS WORD 2002
Thread poster: roak
roak
United States
German to English
Jan 10, 2008

Every time I open Word 2002 (Operating system is XP), this message appears on the screen:

"Microsoft Visual Basic
Run-time error 5
Invalid procedure call or argument".

I click on the "END" in this message, and Word 2002 starts working.

This seems to be a problem faced by many Trados users. My version is 2006 and I surmise that it has got to do with the Trados dot files.
Any help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Yourcells
Local time: 18:51
English to Chinese
Restore the Trados Jan 25, 2008

I have been suffered by this kind of problem. Other people tell me this is caused by the Trados installation and it will be solved by reinstallation. After I reinstall the Trados, this problem is solved. I recommend you to reinstall the Trados to solve this problem. Hope this is helpful.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Run-time error 5 in MS WORD 2002

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search