Browser/Proz server problems - Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Thread poster: Heike Behl, Ph.D.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:43
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 11, 2008

In order to be able to see a client's workflow tool (SDL TMS) that's based on popups, I had to mess with my security settings of Netscape 8.1 and diverse firewall popup blocker settings (Windows XP Pro, SP2, CA Firewall).

However, now I get an error message when I try to access Proz.com:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: [...]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at proz.com Port 80

Although I think I have returned all settings to their previous state, I still get that error message. Does anybody have any idea what might be causing it and/or how I can fix it?

Any help appreciated!!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-01-11 20:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Browser/Proz server problems - Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search