Thread poster: Nina Snoj
Nina Snoj
Nina Snoj
Slovenia
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
Mar 14, 2003

Hello everybody,

I am a Trados beginner and I dont have a lot of time to learn how to use it because an interesting project is coming up shortly and I need to know how to use it anyway.

Any tip on Trados guides, manuals, introductions (besides the original Trados guide) will be very welcome.

Thank you and have all a great weekend..

Nina

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:43
English to German
+ ...
Tutorials on the CD? Mar 14, 2003

Hi Nina,

Did you have a look at the tutorials which are included with the latest version of the installation CD? I haven\'t tried them myself (I\'ve been using Trados for about eight years...), but they\'re supposed to be quite helpful.

Best, Ralf

Boyan Kostadinov
Boyan Kostadinov  Identity Verified
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
A Couple of Links Mar 14, 2003

I found a couple of useful links when I was working on the CAT Center. Not sure if you have tried these already so maybe it will be of some help.

TRADOS Documentation

TRADOS Tutorial

or if you have more specific questions, you c
... See more
I found a couple of useful links when I was working on the CAT Center. Not sure if you have tried these already so maybe it will be of some help.

TRADOS Documentation

TRADOS Tutorial

or if you have more specific questions, you can try the CAT Tool Support Forum
Collapse

Raúl Waldman
Raúl Waldman
Argentina
Local time: 16:43
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some useful aids Mar 15, 2003

Nina:

(This is a copy of a former posting regarding the same subject).

According to my own experience as a beginner with TRADOS, these are the most useful aids when one is at \'ground level\':

1. TRADOS \'animated\' tutorials, especially those referring to Workbench and Multiterm. They are **great**!

2. Among the various available manuals, read firstly \'First Steps with TRADOS 5.5\'. It\'s really for beginners
... See more
Nina:

(This is a copy of a former posting regarding the same subject).

According to my own experience as a beginner with TRADOS, these are the most useful aids when one is at \'ground level\':

1. TRADOS \'animated\' tutorials, especially those referring to Workbench and Multiterm. They are **great**!

2. Among the various available manuals, read firstly \'First Steps with TRADOS 5.5\'. It\'s really for beginners, and it\'s the most \'reader friendly\'.

You can download all these from www.translationzone.com/download.asp, under the titles \'Evaluation & Tutorials\' and \'Documentation\' respectively.

If you combine the practice at your PC with

the study of these materials, you can really learn the principles of TRADOS.

Then you can enter into the details by reading the other manuals, that are less friendly but very complete.

HTH.

Raúl Waldman.

Collapse

truptee
truptee  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:13
French to English
+ ...
Thank you Boyank! Mar 15, 2003

Great links! They were really useful.. I\'m new. And have been contemplating on whether or not.. to go for Trados. These links just re-affirmed my faith.. so to say!

Thank you very much!

Nina Snoj
Nina Snoj
Slovenia
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 17, 2003

To all of you who bothered to answer although the same question has been published 35 times already.

I hope it works..

Lots of luck and especialy PEACEful thoughts to everyone..

Ilse Flick (X)
Ilse Flick (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:43
German to English
+ ...
I also need help like that Mar 22, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-14 14:28, NinaSnoj wrote:

Hello everybody,

I am a Trados beginner and I dont have a lot of time to learn how to use it because an interesting project is coming up shortly and I need to know how to use it anyway.

Any tip on Trados guides, manuals, introductions (besides the original Trados guide) will be very welcome.

... See more
Quote:

On 2003-03-14 14:28, NinaSnoj wrote:

Hello everybody,

Nina

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados beginner seeks guides, manuals, instructions

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »