Duplicated Questions and Offers
Thread poster: xxxCHENOUMI
xxxCHENOUMI  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Mar 17, 2003

I wish to bring to the attention of our staff that I have been receiving duplicated KudoZ questions and duplicated jobs offers.

So far, I have received 24 messages, which are cluttering up my inbox.

Thank you for your help.

**Sandra

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:54
English to German
+ ...
Error by job poster Mar 17, 2003

Hi Sandra,

No doubt you\'re referring to a job (\"Seeking translators for Christian/Protestant webpage...\") which was, unfortunately, posted about a dozen times - moderators have immediately closed the duplicates, but of course that was too late to stop the resulting flood of e-mails. I have contacted the outsourcer myself and pointed out what went wrong. If that was indeed the source of your problem, it was a \"user-centric bug\", so to speak, not a site malfunction.

Regarding duplicated KudoZ question, maybe it\'s a good idea to contact the moderator of the language pair concerned; maybe someone entered duplicates there, too.

On a more general note, it\'s probably a better idea to post any suspected site problems as a Support Request and/or in the \"ProZ.com Tech Support\" or \"ProZ.com bugs\" forums.

HTH - best regards, Ralf

xxxCHENOUMI  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Precision Mar 18, 2003

Thank you Ralf for your input.

I have noticed the problem mostly for HC KudoZ questions that have been repeated in my inbox. I don\'t know how widespread the inconvenience is in other languages.

I have also double checked: the askers did not repeat their questions. I\'m assuming then this might have a technical cause until ProZ Tech Support clarifies the situation or investigates the root cause of it.

Regards,

[ This Message was edited by: CHENOUMI on 2003-03-18 01:19]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Duplicated Questions and Offers

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search