Tatjana Baumgärtner
Tatjana Baumgärtner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:43
German to English
+ ...
Mar 23, 2013

Liebe Proz-Mitglieder,

ich versuche, seit drei Tagen verzweifelt, DITA und DITA map Dateien in Trados 2007 oder Tradosw 2011 zu übersetzen.

Nun läuft mir die Zeit langsam davon. Ich bin technisch ausgesprochen unbegabt, alles was ich weiß ist, Trados 2011 sagt, der Dateityp wird nicht unterstützt, 2007 bietet mir nur Projektdateien öffnen an, die eine andere Endung hätten, SDLX blicke ich gar nicht.

Kann mir jemand bitte helfen, und evtl. eine kurze I
... See more
Liebe Proz-Mitglieder,

ich versuche, seit drei Tagen verzweifelt, DITA und DITA map Dateien in Trados 2007 oder Tradosw 2011 zu übersetzen.

Nun läuft mir die Zeit langsam davon. Ich bin technisch ausgesprochen unbegabt, alles was ich weiß ist, Trados 2011 sagt, der Dateityp wird nicht unterstützt, 2007 bietet mir nur Projektdateien öffnen an, die eine andere Endung hätten, SDLX blicke ich gar nicht.

Kann mir jemand bitte helfen, und evtl. eine kurze Info zukommen lassen, aber bitte nach Möglichkeit so gut wie möglich, dass es für Laien verständlich ist.

Sorry, aber ich brauche die Hilfe echt dringend.

Danke schön

Help need opening and translating DITA and DITA map files in Trados 2007 or Trados 2011

Maybe someone can help me with detailed instructions? Detailed, because I am no technical genius and I don't know 2007 version at all.

Thank you very much
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:43
English to French
+ ...
DITA map Mar 23, 2013

I suppose you're translating xml files with DITA and DITA map files - you can import such files into Studio 2011 but not translate them, you're prompted for an application that can open them. As far as I know, the only CAT tool supporting them is Alchemy Publisher 3.0 but there might be others, not sure it's really worth it.

I would download Notepad++ (free) and edit "navtitle" and other relevant fields.

The best tool is Oxygen XML Author, you might be able to download
... See more
I suppose you're translating xml files with DITA and DITA map files - you can import such files into Studio 2011 but not translate them, you're prompted for an application that can open them. As far as I know, the only CAT tool supporting them is Alchemy Publisher 3.0 but there might be others, not sure it's really worth it.

I would download Notepad++ (free) and edit "navtitle" and other relevant fields.

The best tool is Oxygen XML Author, you might be able to download a trial version.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-03-23 19:58 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Bitte um dringende Hilfe, DITA Dateien in Trados 2007 SP3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »