Chiara Pallotti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:51
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 30, 2008

Hello,

I am an Italian final year translation student - I will graduate in November in Technical and Scientific Translation, with English, Spanish and Italian.

I am living in Edinburgh at the moment and I would love to find an internhip position (or in-house position as well, but I have no experience at all apart from volunteer translations so I don't think it would be possible) anywhere in the UK.

Do you know of any agency that may be interested?

Any advice is very welcome

Thank you all.
Chiara

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxJPW  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Internship Oct 1, 2008

Hi, (or should that be 'miao'?!)

I suppose you could start by putting together a list (or database) of companies / agencies which you are interested in - you need to do a bit of research here, of course - and then either write, e-mail or phone them directly and ask them what their policy is in regards to internships, or sponsoring / mentoring someone who wishes to enter the profession...

I would imagine that most (all?) translators keep lists of actual clients, former clients, potential clients, and clients they wouldn't touch with a barge pole (their own "blacklist" or Blue Board).

Would that be of any use to you?

Chiara Pallotti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:51
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
At this stage... Oct 2, 2008

... I guess anything would help!

Miao
Chiara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for an internship in the UK

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search