https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/118940-in_house_positions_in_madrid.html

In-house positions in Madrid
Thread poster: Louise Souter (X)
Louise Souter (X)
Louise Souter (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 25, 2008

I would be grateful for any advice on finding a position as an in-house translator in Madrid.

Elena Robles Sanjuan
Elena Robles Sanjuan  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:50
English to Spanish
There are some employment portals you can use Oct 26, 2008

Good morning, Louise:

In-house positions are normally published in Infojobs.net and Infoempleo.com. Monster.es also has a space for translators, but job offers are rare.

ASETRAD (the Spanish Translators and Interpreters Association asetrad.org) also has an employment board and, if you´re a member, they send you an e-mail every time they publish something new. These offers are not always for in-house positions, but there are some every now and then.

Finally
... See more
Good morning, Louise:

In-house positions are normally published in Infojobs.net and Infoempleo.com. Monster.es also has a space for translators, but job offers are rare.

ASETRAD (the Spanish Translators and Interpreters Association asetrad.org) also has an employment board and, if you´re a member, they send you an e-mail every time they publish something new. These offers are not always for in-house positions, but there are some every now and then.

Finally, madridteacher.com also dedicates some of its content to translators.

I hope this helps. I would also like to give you some information on agencies in Madrid that offer in-house positions often, but it´s best if I do it privately. Contact me if you want.

Good luck
Collapse

tom_michell
tom_michell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Some options Oct 26, 2008

I'd second infojobs.net: the two in-house jobs I got in Madrid were advertised there.

Companies that I know employ in-house translators are PSD (www.psd.es), CLS (http://www.cls-communication.com/en/jobs-careers/job-vacancies.html. The ad for Madrid ES>EN has been there for a lon
... See more
I'd second infojobs.net: the two in-house jobs I got in Madrid were advertised there.

Companies that I know employ in-house translators are PSD (www.psd.es), CLS (http://www.cls-communication.com/en/jobs-careers/job-vacancies.html. The ad for Madrid ES>EN has been there for a long time so I don't know how up to date it is) and I think there was an ad from Seprotec on Proz a few days ago.

Good luck!
Collapse

Phil Bird
Phil Bird
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
In-house vs. freelance Oct 28, 2008

This is related, so I'll stick it here....

From what I can tell, in-house positions in the UK pay far less than one can earn working freelance (£18-25k is the sum I've usually heard). Is this the same in Spain?

Paula James
Paula James  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:50
French to English
+ ...
same in Spain Oct 28, 2008

In-house pay in Spain seems to be very low, I was offered several jobs at €1000/month. It might be more if you work for a multinational company, but don't expect high salaries from agencies. For the same reason, Spanish rates from agencies tend to be low, as people are used to low salaries, despite the fact that in cities such as Madrid life is not cheap at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In-house positions in Madrid

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »