Thread poster: Phil Bird

Phil Bird
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:39
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 4, 2009

Hi,

I'm not there yet, but I think this could be something that I could do in the future. What kind of experience would I need before SDL would accept me as a trainer? I'm presuming that I would need the highest level of certification and then perhaps X years experience of translating, I already have teaching qualifications. I have looked on SDL's website, but it seems that they want to know what rate I would charge before they give out any details.... I may have missed the correct section of the site.

Does anyone think that it is a worthwhile avenue to pursue? Could it be an interesting line of business?

Any comments...

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:39
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Contact SDL directly Feb 6, 2009

I'm afraid this is nothing we can easily find out here on ProZ, so I would simply advice you to contact the SDL headquaters in Maidenhead. You will find the number on www.sdl.com
The person in charge is Gina Davies.

Good luck and BR
Jerzy

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Becoming a Trados Trainer

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search