Freelance in Finland: tax matters
Thread poster: Lorella7

Local time: 19:46
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Oct 25, 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am an Italian translator and I moved to Finland 10 months ago. I have got the regular permit to live and to work and now I would like to go on working here as a freelance translator. So first I need to understand how to start this activity in terms of tax matters.
I have asked at different offices, but nobody has been able to give me a proper answer. The only thing I have learnt is that I don’t need to have a VAT number because my turnover is less then 8500€/year.

So I would appreciate if anyone could help me to understand:
1) Which are the legal steps in Finland to register this kind of activity?
2) Which tax do I have to apply in my invoices. Is there any invoice's template that I have to use?
3) When and how do I declare my incomes?

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance in Finland: tax matters

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search