Are there any English-Arabic translation schools in LA?
Thread poster: touta84
touta84
Arabic to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2009

Hi, my name is Heba and i just moved in to LA and am looking for a translation school in LA that offers translation courses in English/Arabic starting as soon as possible
please if you think you can help me let me know

Best Regards,
Heba A. Shafik

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-11-23 21:12 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:52
English to Arabic
+ ...
No such schools in the LA area. MIIS for degree & certification programs Nov 23, 2009

Greetings... ahalan wa sahalan..

MarHaba bikum fii munteqat Los Angeles!

Best I know, no such schools or institutions in the Los Angeles/southern California area offer courses for translation in the language pair of English & Arabic, whether for certification or an academic degree in the field.

FYI, the closest-known institution in California which does conduct instruction in translation involving Arabic - English is the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS)[located way up north in Monterey, below San Francisco]. MIIS now (finally) offers academic degrees, professional certification programs, and summertime intensive special courses in Arabic-English for professional or research purposes.

Kindly clarify in which specific field, profession, industry, technology, or application do you wish to specialize and market your services as a translator?

When convenient, send your CV or resume to me, and I can circulate that for registration with some language services agencies around here.

There apparently are very few [a handful-plus for the moment] Arabic-English translators and interpreters here in the LA & OC area, with some others clustered up in the SF / Bay area. Glad to advise and assist as I can.

Proz.com is a helpful site to visit. Plan on attending at the next Pow-wow in the LA area. The last one was last weekend in Santa Monica.

A volunteer organization called the "Southern California Translators and Interpreters Association" (SCATIA) used to operate for a few years for the benefit of LA and OC-based professional bilinguals, but that body reportedly unravelled and disbanded about a year ago when the workload overwhelmed the volunteers who staffed and operated the association.

Hope this helps. Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
English - Arabic
San Pedro, California (LA Harbor Area)

[Edited at 2009-11-23 22:37 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-23 22:38 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-23 22:48 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-23 23:47 GMT]

english translation Nov 25, 2009

hey there are many institute of English-Arabic translation schools in LA.
you can them from them on google/yahoo
or please search on yellow pages also
teaching English courses

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:52
German to English
+ ...
More information about MIIS Nov 25, 2009

If you do decide to pursue studies at MIIS, feel free to e-mail me. I am a graduate of the translation department there (German). Good to see that they are finally offering Arabic.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are there any English-Arabic translation schools in LA?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search