Are there any English-Arabic translation schools in LA?
Thread poster: touta84
touta84
touta84
Arabic to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2009

Hi, my name is Heba and i just moved in to LA and am looking for a translation school in LA that offers translation courses in English/Arabic starting as soon as possible
please if you think you can help me let me know

Best Regards,
Heba A. Shafik

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-11-23 21:12 GMT]

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 04:01
English to Arabic
+ ...
No such schools in the LA area. MIIS for degree & certification programs Nov 23, 2009

Greetings... ahalan wa sahalan..

MarHaba bikum fii munteqat Los Angeles!

Best I know, no such schools or institutions in the Los Angeles/southern California area offer courses for translation in the language pair of English & Arabic, whether for certification or an academic degree in the field.

FYI, the closest-known institution in California which does conduct instruction in translation involving Arabic - English is the Monterey Institute of International
... See more
Greetings... ahalan wa sahalan..

MarHaba bikum fii munteqat Los Angeles!

Best I know, no such schools or institutions in the Los Angeles/southern California area offer courses for translation in the language pair of English & Arabic, whether for certification or an academic degree in the field.

FYI, the closest-known institution in California which does conduct instruction in translation involving Arabic - English is the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS)[located way up north in Monterey, below San Francisco]. MIIS now (finally) offers academic degrees, professional certification programs, and summertime intensive special courses in Arabic-English for professional or research purposes.

Kindly clarify in which specific field, profession, industry, technology, or application do you wish to specialize and market your services as a translator?

When convenient, send your CV or resume to me, and I can circulate that for registration with some language services agencies around here.

There apparently are very few [a handful-plus for the moment] Arabic-English translators and interpreters here in the LA & OC area, with some others clustered up in the SF / Bay area. Glad to advise and assist as I can.

Proz.com is a helpful site to visit. Plan on attending at the next Pow-wow in the LA area. The last one was last weekend in Santa Monica.

A volunteer organization called the "Southern California Translators and Interpreters Association" (SCATIA) used to operate for a few years for the benefit of LA and OC-based professional bilinguals, but that body reportedly unravelled and disbanded about a year ago when the workload overwhelmed the volunteers who staffed and operated the association.

Hope this helps. Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
English - Arabic
San Pedro, California (LA Harbor Area)

[Edited at 2009-11-23 22:37 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-23 22:38 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-23 22:48 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-23 23:47 GMT]
Collapse

english translation Nov 25, 2009

hey there are many institute of English-Arabic translation schools in LA.
you can them from them on google/yahoo
or please search on yellow pages also
teaching English courses

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:01
German to English
+ ...
More information about MIIS Nov 25, 2009

If you do decide to pursue studies at MIIS, feel free to e-mail me. I am a graduate of the translation department there (German). Good to see that they are finally offering Arabic.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are there any English-Arabic translation schools in LA?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »