Thread poster: Pirjo Kespre (X)
Pirjo Kespre (X)
Pirjo Kespre (X)
Local time: 05:39
English to Estonian
+ ...
Dec 7, 2009

Hello,
I moved from Estonia to Denmark to live with my boyfriend but now I have to established myself as a freelancer in Denmark.
I have some questions about following:
1. Registration procedure?
2. How much will it cost?
3. Taxes like VAT?
4. Is there any good websites in English?
I have found out that much that I am supposed to register and get a CVR number but can I register as a foreigner without CPR number?

Freelance DK
Freelance DK  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Welcome Dec 7, 2009

Pirjo Kespre wrote:

Hello,
I moved from Estonia to Denmark to live with my boyfriend but now I have to established myself as a freelancer in Denmark.
I have some questions about following:
1. Registration procedure?
You dont need to registrate!
You only need to VAT (MOMS)registrate if you think/or do invoice for more than dkr. 50.000/year
You need to pay tax of all income no matter above limit - dont know how when you are not
Danish but am sure skat.dk have the answers
You go online to www.skat.dk they have english version - else you can find adress there for local tax center..they will help you.

2. How much will it cost?
It is free !

3. Taxes like VAT?
See 1) The Danish VAT (MOMS) is 25 % on all sold in Denmark, but if you buy itmes or service for your (private) company you can get refund of the 25 % moms.
If you sell to other companies or tax registrated persons outside of Denmark but within EU you dont charge the 25 % moms - only be sure to have their VAT number on your invoice.

4. Is there any good websites in English?
www.skat.dk

I have found out that much that I am supposed to register and get a CVR number but can I register as a foreigner without CPR number?

Welcome to Denmark - and good luck!

Pirjo Kespre (X)
Pirjo Kespre (X)
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Registration? Dec 9, 2009

Thanks for the help, I found most of the things but I cant find the correct registration form. Do i need to use the same form as Danes or is there som other form for people who don't have Danish CPR number?

Freelance DK
Freelance DK  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
You are welcome Dec 9, 2009

I think you should contact SKAT as they know all you need to know. They will help for free. I see you normal need to use the CPR number for registration.
When I looked around I found that in some case you need to search for work permit first, even you come from an EU country - there special rules for some countries like Estonia..

... See more
I think you should contact SKAT as they know all you need to know. They will help for free. I see you normal need to use the CPR number for registration.
When I looked around I found that in some case you need to search for work permit first, even you come from an EU country - there special rules for some countries like Estonia..

See more her - in English:

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/work/self_employement.htm
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting established in Denmark

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »